When it comes to search engine optimization, there is no shortage of strategies and tips over the internet for your use. There is always a new development hack and SEO tip to boost your website ranking. There are always some new strategies to generate more links.
If you are an owner of ecommerce business, then you can not take the basis of your loyal customers if you get stuck on page 6 in search results. Many studies have already disclosed the importance of SEO and here are some statistics to prove:
- As we all know that 93% of all traffic comes from a search engine.
- 75% of the internet users never lookup past the first page of search results.
- More than 60% of marketers say that improving your SEO and growing organic traffic is their top inbound marketing priority.
- Ranking on the Google’s first position has a 34% clickthrough rate.
By Considering all these data, it is not an issue that you should make an excellent SEO strategy for your website, rather than how it should be done in the most productive manner. Here are the basic SEO principles for increasing website traffic for a long time.
According to the Moz Google updates its algorithm more than 500+ times every year. This makes any website’s SEO almost impossible to maintain. And it’s frustrating for continuous backtracks to update your strategy. But, you can not give up that we need SEO to run high-quality inbound traffic. Inbound Lead is connected to SEO, 61% less cost than outbound lead. On that, 93% of online experiences start with the use of a search engine!
Here are 3 most important SEO principles that can grow your website Traffic, You should implement these ASAP.
1). Make your page Load faster
When considering search engine optimization, the speed of the page can not be the first priority to enter your mind.
In fact, 47% of the users are expected to load your websites whithin two seconds or less and 40% of the user will leave one page which takes three or more seconds to load. This means that if your site takes more than three seconds to load, you lose about half of your visitors before reaching your site.
The top search engine Google’s mission is just like ours. They want to solve the problem of the user as soon as possible. It’s goal is to provide the best search experience for each searcher. If your page is ranking highly, but takes 5-10 seconds to load, then Google will take a notice. They will see that most of the people clicking that are coming back to the search engine results pages (SERP). They will see that it takes only 2-3 seconds to load the page in second place.
Even if you think that your website is fast, it’s probably not fast enough. According to Google’s latest page Speed Benchmark, many companies miss this mark. If internet users are leaving your site after just three seconds, it seems that these sites are disappearing with long shots.
There is a 113% increase in the bounce rate of your mobile traffic if it takes more than seven seconds for a page to load.
Improving the speed of your website should be a the top priority because it determines whether people are taking time to land on your site and can read your content. To get started,you can use Google’s PageSpeed Insights, Gtmetrix, Pingdom.
Here are Some Other Ways to Make Your Website Load Faster
- Implement your own content delivery network (CDN) to your website.
- Browser caching stores cache versions of static resources of the user that quickens page speed tremendously and reduces server lag.
- If you are using poor or outdated plugins on your site that can slow down your website performance dramatically, which could be fixed by removing plugins that duplicates the functionality.
- If you are using several images on a single page, which slows down page speed. Combine all background images of a page into a single image.
- Compress your website content using Gzip compression significantly in order to improve your user performance.
- Configure expires headers, so that your website loads faster for the users the next time they visit.
- Remove unnecessary extra space, line breaks and so on, you will speed up parsing, downloading and executing.
- If you’ve taken all the above steps and your website is still loading slowly, you should move to a new hosting package.
2). Link to relevant content and encourage others to link to you
There is a lot of debate in the search engine optimization world, especially SEO and large size medium size and marketing departments have to link it to other websites. People are afraid of many reasons; They worry that linking can happen.
Linking to the relevant content that is useful for your visitors is one of the simplest ways to improve your website visitor’s experience. This works well because it saves the user from having to search for that information on their own. If I provide them with their essential information, then they are more likely to have a good experience on my site and come back in future for more.
As we that linking is an integral part of content creation. Wrong linking practices can mean that your content has never been ranked or found. Worse, misleading linking practices may result in penalties for fines.
Here are a few tips you can implement today to linking
- Mention other brands and sites in your content even if you don’t link to them, then co-citation is an appropriate method of improving ranking and authority.
- You should forget about keywords, new standards of content marketing demand that make you the best content. The keywords and their semantic are naturally in the form of great content.
- If you focus on your niche, then keep focus on your niche, then you will get links from other websites. When Google ranks your website, it does not just look for links. It is looking for links to relevant websites. The more relevant sites you link, the more authority they give to your site.
- Instead of using keywords in your anchor text, use the sentence segment, branded word, or other defective words.
- One great way to get links from other sites is to interact to those sites. other sites are not just going to do-follow link to your site just out of the kindness of their hearts. It should to be something beneficial for them to include it on their page. If you link to them and discuss their content, they are more likely to notice and link back to you.
- The internal links are separate from the menu links. Whenever you create an article for your website, you should link it to other articles on your website.
3). Improve your site CTR with great meta descriptions
Writing a eye catching meta descriptions can improve your overall CTR and rankings. The meta description is an HTML tag that usually displays the average user in search results. The main purpose of using meta descriptions is to describe the content of the page to the user. The ultimate goal is to persuade and persuade the user to click on your website.
The Google’s algorithm is designed to see clicks as “good” and there is no click in the form of “bad”. The Study done by Larry Kim of WordStream actually used himself to determine whether this information was accurate with the Search Marketing Expo. They tested 1,000 keywords in the same keyword niche with their own site data. After this he compared the CTR and ranking correlation for long tail and head position.
In recent years, Google algorithms rarely use meta description tags as a ranking factor. It can lift any text from a page and can show it as a snippet in search results. This does not mean that you should stop using the meta description tag. In fact, if you write effective meta descriptions, Google will display it as a snippet on the SERP.
Technically, the keywords in your meta description will not help you in any higher rank. But it can help to improve your CTR.
Here are some important tips for you, that can improve your CTR.
- Be sure to stick to the proven titles that users like to read. If you reduce your headline to 8 words then you can increase the CTR by 21%.
- There is no exact number limit of meta description characters here because your description may be small according to what Google adds to your search results.
- Make sure you provide enough information to your user in the meta description, so it will look interesting.
- If you are intentionally tempted to duplicate a meta tag, you’d be better off leaving the description blank and Google will pick a snippet from the page containing the keyword used in the search.
- If you are duplicating meta description, then it is advisable to leave the details blank and take snippets from the page used from Google Search.
People are constantly searching for the new seo development hacks that can grow their business to the next level. They want the suggestions that can help them rank # 1 for their most desired keywords. Some of them works great, there is no doubt in it. However, many of them will not stand the test of time, As we discussed earlier Google updates its algorithm 500+ times every year. It makes it almost impossible to live with the same strategy.
Today almost every online experience starts with a search engine. But, it is difficult to understand the best ways to take advantage of this amazing traffic. Fortunately for us, you can apply some timeless suggestions. Start by completing the speed of your site and by setting your own load time. If people have to wait more than 3 seconds, they will bounce instantly. Then, upgrade your title and meta description to increase your CTR.
No one will know how wonderful your content is if they do not click on it. And if they do not click on it, you’ll eventually collide under other results. It may look like a strategy on the surface. But instead, they focus on the underlying principles that Google Web uses to organize. You want to keep the searcher’s needs ahead of yourself. Give them a great experience. Answer their questions. And you will see that your efforts pay faster. What do you use some timeless SEO principles to drive more traffic?
- What Is PPC & How Does It Works: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
- Why Your Website is Not Converting Visitors into customers?
- Why Is Website Content the Most Important Thing Than Looks on Your Website?
- How Does Google AdWords (PPC) Affect Organic SEO Results?
- Top 10 Proven Ways to Make Money Without AdSense
- How to Start a Successful Blog For Profit And Build a Raving Community?
- What is Affiliate Marketing: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners