Do you want to launch a blog and earn money from it? If so, this post is especially for you, where I am going to show you some proven strategies that can help you create a profitable blog in 2018 and even if you are starting.
Making your presence on your own blog, forum, online magazine, or simple website is simple, fun and rewarding. The blog is an effective and inexpensive way to create audiences, reach your target market and generate a great revenue online.
In fact, more than 500 million people over the internet who read blogs on a regular basis, and 60 percent of them also make online purchases. But this is not enough to just set up a URL and start writing, especially if your goal is to publish a blog that generates a smart revenue or promotes your product or service online.
Why Should You Start a Blog?
There is not a single answer to this question, and I do not believe every person should have a blog. But there are some good reasons to start a blog today, which I would prefer to explore for those who consider starting.
You have read many success stories over the internet about all those people who started from ground level, work smart and gained fame overnight.
- Marketers who trust their blog, earn 15x more money than those who do not.
- Companies with blogs get 97% more links on their website.
- The blog is the 5th most reliable source of online accurate information!
- 81% of consumers rely on information obtained from the blog.
- More than 150 million people read blogs in the US alone.
- 30% of Internet time is spent on blogs.
- 61% of American customers have made a purchase through a blog
- It is generally believed that content marketing – AKA blogging – is now more powerful than pure SEO
Benefits of Blogging?
- As a blogger, you will be able to earn a passive income, which means that your money will flow, even if you are asleep, traveling with friends or resting.
- Now you are not spending time for income, and this is the point where you really want to be free and financially independent (even with self-employed customers, there is still a lot like a job).
- In addition, blogging means that you want to write on the subject which you find attractive and you become a minor celebrity in your chosen place.
- You can earn a lot of money here – if your blog takes off and become really successful, in principle, you can earn thousands in a day. It is incredibly scalable and there is no ‘upper limit’ for what you can achieve.
Take the time to follow these steps, and you will be on the right track to publish a successful, potentially profitable blog.
#1. Blogging Topics
There is a clear view of some people about what they want to blog about. In my experience, though, most people do not know what to choose!
Whatever the reason for the establishment of a blog, I can tell you all that you have to know. When it comes to choosing a blog topic, just choose what you are interested in!
Before headfirst jump in the blogosphere, first of all, you need to educate yourself about what works and does not work. Read the most popular blogs, which include general appeal and people related to those who are interested in you. View visitor comments and note what they like or dislike about content and design. Note that what kind of content is available in a large number of likes, shares etc.
You can not be an authority on this subject yet, but choose something that you won’t get bored learning about.
Here’s a list of broad topics:-
- Beginner’s guides to anything!
- Overcoming adversity or illness
- Life Experiences
- Products or service reviews
- Global warming
- Travel Experiences
- Personal Stories
- Jokes and Humor
Here are some of the most popular blog categories:-
#2. Choosing a domain name for your blog
Choosing the right domain name for your website is most important for your success. If you choose the wrong domain name, it may change the problem later on after hurting to your brand and search rankings.
Often, the most competitive domain name will be taken with the .com extension already. But do not give up! There are different domain extensions to choose from.
Tips to choosing a domain name for your blog
- Should you use your personal name or choose a more general topic? The answer should be simple. Are there any blogs about you, or are you trying to make a brand different from yourself?
- Make it accessible:- There is no need to confuse complex spellings or people with creative misspellings.
- Make typing easy:- If you type in another website by mistake, you do not want other people to get your traffic!
- Keep your domain name short:- Lower characters mean less risk and less typing risk for the user.
- Make sure the name of the blog is understandable:- It should be easy for users and Google!
- Avoid numbers and hyphens in the domain name:- These confused people, and it makes it difficult for others to interpret the domain.
#3. Choose the Best Hosting Service.
If you are building an online business or online property, then you have to spend at least those expenses which are at least for businesses that we are advocating on this site.
It is a service that allows blogs to be accessed by other users through the Internet. Without a domain and web hosting, your blog will not be seen online or no traffic will be found online, both are inseparable! There are lots of web hosting companies to choose from. Prices usually start at $15 months.
Hosting is the foundation of your whole business. So if your hosting goes down, then your entire business goes down. If it is very slow, people will look elsewhere. If you do not have the features you want, then you will become stressed and frustrated.
Let’s talk about some of the features that separate decent web hosts from great ones:
- Excellent performance:- Sometimes, due to poor optimization, your blog may eventually feel lazy. However, the problem may be that your web host’s performance may not be the same. Keeping a fast website is important if you want to increase your audience, so keep an eye out for this metric.
- Competitive Prices:– As you might expect, some top WordPress hosting services are not cheap. However, there are many starter plans that can handle small to medium sized blogs without breaking the sweat. If you are just starting, you do not want to break the bank to bear hosting.
#4. Choosing a Blogging Platform
This is a difficult option because there are so many different blogging platforms. How can you find out what is right blogging platform for you?
You can’t start your blog without blogging software. I run all of my blogs on WordPress because it’s user-friendly, free, and powerful.
Today’s major blogging platforms are here. As soon as you start your blog, they are all available for your consideration.
- WordPress.org (self-hosted):- It is powering over 25% of the world’s web, which is the most popular and stable blogging platform in the world. When it comes to the world’s top million sites, WordPress chooses the platform for more than half the time.
- WordPress.com (online):- WordPress Online is a pre-hosted blogging platform where you do not need to host, and you do not need to buy a domain name. Instead, you get a subdomain on the WordPress.com domain. At the end of your blog name will be WordPress.com. For example, yourblog.WordPress.com.
- Tumblr:- The Tumblr blogging platform is a social network blog that is optimized specifically for bloggers who want to publish a small batch of content. It is a place to express yourself, find yourself, and bind over the stuff you love. This is where your interests connect you with your people.
- Blogger:- Blogger is one of the oldest blogging platforms. Pyra Labs developed blogger and google brought it in 2003. Blogs are hosted by Google and are usually accessed from the blogspot.com subdomain. Which makes signing up easier. You can sign in with your current Google Account or create a new one.
- Wix:- The Wix Blogging Platform and Site Builder is a user-friendly platform with its own hosting service. This is an Israeli cloud-based web development platform which was first developed and popularized by the Israeli company, also called Wix.
- Weebly:- Weebly is a free website creator who allows anyone to create their own websites quickly and easily. It is a hosted platform that allows you to create a blog or full-blown website using drag and drop tools. It’s really easy to use.
- Joomla:- Joomla is an open source software content management system, such as WordPress.org. This is also a self-hosted solution, which means that you have to buy domain names and web hosting to use it. You can choose hundreds of templates to customize your site’s design as well as find the required extensions, plugins or tools.
- Ghost:- Ghost blogging platform is a software solution such as WordPress.org. It is downloadable directly from the ghost and requires outside of hosting.
- Drupal:- Drupal is not just a blogging platform, it’s a complete blown content management solution like WordPress.org. To use Drupal, you have to go to Drupal.org and download the software, which you upload to set up on your chosen hosting provider.
- Typepad:- TypePad is designed to provide an easy-to-use interface for beginners or experienced bloggers. You can choose from TypePad Theme Library or create one with the scratch.
- Magento:- Magento is a great blogging and content management platform but is mostly used as an e-commerce platform. The primary purpose of the blogging function enables e-commerce users to start a blog.
#5. Establish Credibility
Anyone who uses the Internet can be a blogger, but not everyone has the credibility of making their blog meaningful. You do not have to be a master to blog, but if you take the time to explain your interest and clarify your certificates (be careful, do not take the voice of superiority or you believe your readers To help you achieve the risk of separating your readers).
Bloggers wishing to set themselves up as experts or ideas should first see whether their web content is helping their position or hurting them. To start producing stellar materials, follow these simple guidelines that not only increase conversions but also establish their business as a reliable voice.
- Write with Authority:- Communicating clearly and effectively will set a long way in establishing your authority, but will ensure that you have something new to say.
- Know the Facts:- Provide your reader with detailed information and use the resources to return that information.
- Be Honest:- It is important that your audience can trust you. That’s why you should always express sincerity and honesty.
- Maintain Consistency:- It is always a good idea to follow the style guidelines as defined by the Associated Press or the Chicago Manual of Style so that everyone providing content on your website can be confident.
- Do it Right:- You may have the best ideas in the world, but if they are not communicating those properly and effectively, then you are reducing your credibility.
#6. Build Community
Once you start publishing your blog, make it a point to explore and participate in communities like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. This allows you to create a blog community as well as to generate traffic and boost your blog. While most people think about thinking about social media, there is an independent way to gain traffic; There are many powerful paid social media marketing opportunities that you can use to get a large amount of traffic quickly.
Apply these steps, in any order, to build your audience, network, and repeat readership:-
- Build it on a single powerful idea:- If you talk in the crowd, no one listens to you, but if you are talking to a group of people with the same ideology, they will appreciate you.
- Make the audience feel comfortable:- If you want people to be active in your community, then you have to feel comfortable and at home.
- Include your audience in your blogs:- After interacting with you and your blog easily with your visitors, make them more involved by making a strategy to weave your readers in every thread of your blog.
- Offer value:- One of the biggest problems in the community building is expecting a lot from the community. You must add value to the community by offering solutions to your followers.
- Monitor ROI and lever your connections:- You should always measure your efforts in the campaign and see if you are working in an effective way.
- 10 Best Off-Page SEO Techniques for First Page Ranking.
- How to Engage Your Audience on Social Media & Keep Them with You?
- How to Build High-Quality Backlinks for Your Website?
- What is Black Hat SEO?
- How to Use Social Media to Boost your Website’s Ranking?
- What is a Webinar and How Does it Work?
- The last thought about launching a blog that actually makes money
- I have been actively blogging for last 3 years and I know of making a successful blog that takes money.
- By creating blog audiences with your content, you can easily find many ways to monetize your blog’s traffic. So instead of earning money from the first day, focus on your blog audience.
- Also, you can add as much value as possible to increase your reader. Find your audience and distribute and deliver the right products. Then you will find it easy to increase your sales.
- So what do you think is going to launch a new blog? Are you going to implement the strategies described here? do you have any more questions? Feel free to ask them in the comments section below.