Today the Internet has grown into more than a billion users’ community, thus, online stores are selling more and more each year. Making an online store is the perfect success for any business.
An e-commerce platform is a software which makes it easy to build an online store and run an online business. It gives you the ability to add or remove inventory, calculate taxes and manage your site, including product and day-to-day tasks. Most of all e-commerce builders use drag and drop functions.
When it comes to picking the best e-commerce marketing platforms for your startup or your online business, Then it requires some research. Most of the e-commerce platforms provide great businesses with standard functionality such as the ability to show products, online payments, manage customers and provide for sale in an online catalog.
After reviewing some top e-commerce platform, we will indicate that some platforms are excellent in terms of pricing, themes, ease of use, and other important factors.
Benefits of using an eCommerce Platform?
- One of the major advantages of the development of an e-commerce website is that it has a lower startup cost.
- By using the E-Commerce platform you can easily create e-shop interface
- E-commerce online store opens for 24 * 7, so customers can buy from the whole world at any time.
E-Commerce platforms come with advanced safety measures.
Top 5 E-Commerce Platforms of 2019
Shopify is one of the most successful and most famous eCommerce platforms available right now. This is a fully featured hosted eCommerce platform with millions of users. It gives strength to more than 500,000 businesses and has more than 1 million active users.
Shopify has great flexibility. You can fully customize your Shopify store and manage your products and inventory. Shopify also has a thriving community where shop owners can share their tips and knowledge. There is also a dedicated mobile app, so you can keep an eye on your store at any time.
Pros of using Shopify
- This is quick super easy to use and install commerce platform, Simply sign up with your email address and you can start making and selling your product immediately.
- Its Intuitive interface makes it easy to create products and includes SEO features like title tags and meta descriptions.
- It offers dozens of free mobile-optimized templates. There is no coding is needed to customize your Shopify eCommerce platform, just use your mouse to make changes.
- You can use third-party payment gateways to your Shopify store.
Cons of using Shopify
- In addition to the free eCommerce platform, you have to pay for many plugins, themes, and features. Some monthly, some annual.
- If you are using a third-party payment system then you need to pay some transaction fees.
- Shopify uses its own markup language, which is called “Liquid”. It is based on Ruby on Rails that makes it difficult to make changes using coding.
WooCommerce is a fully customizable, open source eCommerce plugin for WordPress. This is probably the most popular option for small businesses, which is looking for easy integration with WordPress. It gives you some challenges as well as benefits. To use WooCommerce you should have some knowledge of using WordPress.
Pros of using WooCommerce
- WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce platform that offers its users a free and highly customizable software package through which they can sell their products.
- WooCommerce software can be fully customized for any possible requirements, allowing the business to customize user interfaces so that they can match the design and functionality of their brand.
- This provides a wide range of analytical tools that measure the sales of products and analyze them according to date and brand, measure statistics individually for different customers, calculate the daily and monthly sales and much more.
Cons of using WooCommerce
- Business or person requires a great understanding of both WordPress and WooCommerce, and may even require professional support provided by additional program services so that they can provide a functional or professional order for their customers.
- WooCommerce is a plugin especially for WordPress and cannot be used in any site which does not use WordPress for content management.
3). BigCommerce Platform:
BigCommerce is a new e-commerce platform, and recently it has seen a lot of popularity, more than 50,000 websites have adopted it, and more than 500 new domains use it every month. It makes attractive and easily integrated storefront for Facebook, Amazon and more. All allow you to manage payment, shipping, and available products. If you want to simplify the process by automating listings, then it’s a great place to start.
Pros of using BigCommerce
- It offers a large number of tools and features, for example, unlimited product version, return option, promotion, coupon, and discount.
- You can integrate BigCommerce with Amazon, eBay and Social Networks.
- It has a large app store with extensions for all types of needs, such as email marketing, automation, and product promotion.
- You get more than 40 payment processing options without any transaction fees!
Cons of using BigCommerce
- Limited free templates are available for users to choose from. The premium theme is a bit expensive too.
- Design customization feature is not user-friendly.
- BigCommerce has no native POS features as in other solutions and comes with a sales limit on your plan. It’s relatively expensive to get advanced features like an abandoned cart saver.
- BigCommerce does not have any native POS features and it comes with a sales threshold on your plan. Getting advanced facilities are relatively expensive.
Magento is a well-established Open Source eCommerce platform similar to platforms like WooCommerce and OpenCart that provides eCommerce solutions to e-shop entrepreneurs. Its Community Edition is completely free and open-source, but you will have pay for hosting and domain.
You need to download and install Magento on your server, which will definitely require some technical knowledge, so you may have to outsource it to a web developer.
Pros of using Magento
- Their streamlined interface makes it easy to build your store easily.
- From customer support to marketing and shipping and site optimization, there are many plugins and themes for all types of purposes.
- The platform is strong in terms of multilingual websites as well. You can create separate sites for different languages.
Cons of using Magento
- The premium version is a bit expensive actually up to $ 40,000 per year.
- If you are using the free version then you require to maintain your eCommerce store manually.
- In addition, Magento is based on PHP, so if you want to change e-Commerce store, then you need to hire someone for this.
Also Read:- What is a Webinar and How Does it Work?
Wix is basically a website builder that allows you to create a website through drag and drop. At the top of it, there are also features that allow you to create an online store. There are a large number of free themes and templates in Wix. Even in it, there is also an Artificial Design Intelligence which creates a site for you through Wix’s AI program.
Pros of using Wix
- It’s easy to use and it’s quick to install. No coding is required, you can literally drag the content on your site with a user-friendly editor.
- There are more than 500 templates specifically for online stores and even provide stock images which you can use immediately.
- Wix is a fully self-hosted platform so there’s no need to worry about your hosting.
Cons of using Wix
- This is not a pure e-commerce platform. This is a website builder which is also capable of setting online store.
- You can not change your website templates after publishing your site.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you with your decision. What is your personal preference for the best e-commerce platform and why? Let us know in the comments section below.